By now you may have heard about the dangers of conventional deodorants (parabens, aluminum, phthalates…) but have been afraid to try the all-natural route. Let me help ease you into the idea with, first, some information, and second, a super easy DIY recipe.
You might ask, ” So what’s all the fuss about the deodorants I can buy at the grocery store?”
Well, the problem is that many reports claim the chemicals in deodorants, which are absorbed by the skin, cause estrogen-like hormonal effects. Aluminum compounds, found in conventional deodorants, have been linked to both Cancer and Alzheimers and they may contain other toxic chemicals linked to infertility issues.
Let me break it down for you. There are many ingredients commonly found in conventional deodorants that we should be questioning, for example:
- Aluminum – Linked to Alzheimer’s disease and heavy metal toxicity
- Parabens – Endocrine/hormone disruptors, found in 99% of breast cancer tissue sampled in this study
- Phthalates – Endocrine disruptors linked to permanent birth defects
- Propylene glycol – Classified as skin irritant by the EWG
- Triclosan – Linked to liver toxicity and thyroid dysfunction
- Formaldehyde contaminated synthetics – Carcinogenic
- Fragrance – Cocktail of chemicals creating skin sensitivities and irritations